warehouse heating rule of thumb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A customer has two warehouses side by side. One has a lot of print machinery so is constantly hot the other is processing and hence always cooler

So the obvious this would be to fit some fans to transpose the air back and forth which will have a double effect -reduce the temp in one, whilst raising it in the other- a true 'win-win' situation. :LOL:

(Summer is different as they both over heat so it's not to be considered in the equation..)

The Carbon Trust have funding available for him if he can show that by utilising this approach he can save money.

So I have to calculate the fans required -I'm going for 10 air changes per hour which will be controlled via both a stat and speed controllers. That's easy and already done.

The trickier part for me is to 'quote' for gas heaters for the cooler building which must include approx running costs. This he can use to balance the cost savings and hence get the grant..

So to finally get to my question , has anyone got a R.O.T which I can use to get a rough estimate of the gas heater to use in a warehouse 19 x 25 x 7 m ?

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back