WarWithTurkey

During ww2 when the Luftwaffe was raiding England, German pilots who parachuted out of their aircraft were not fired on; shows the difference between scum and those who are able to show restraint.

Only in the fantasy world of "Hotspur" where clean-jawed Tommies shook the hands of their foes after knocking them for six.

Sponsored Links
"During ww2 when the Luftwaffe was raiding England, German pilots who parachuted out of their aircraft were not fired on; shows the difference between scum and those who are able to show restraint."

I think you'll find that's not quite correct, their were numerous occurrences of Luftwaffe crew being shot at by other aircraft, so prevalent was it that a directive was issued banning the practice by RAF senior officers. There are also occasions where aircrew were set upon once on the ground with the headless body being produced by farmworkers in a field in Kent and others beaten to death. I seem to remember one of the British aces being peppered by shotgun pellets fired by a member of the home guard as he made his descent taking him out of the battle of Britain because he couldn't sit down. Stanford Tuck in his book admits to machine gunning a pilot down in the English channel. The German air-sea rescue float planes originally painted white and displaying red crosses were as a matter of official policy shot from the sky.

Compared with the total number of planes shot down in WW2 by both sides, those were probably rare occurances.
As far as I know, in the Middle East recently, just 1 Jordanian pilot and now two Russian pilots have had to eject;
2 out of those 3 were brutally murdered. I doubt 2/3 pilots ejecting on both sides in WW2 were treated like that.

Keep an eye on China, an economy that's able to lift more people out of poverty like never seen before, an economy that might just start another arms race.
Sabres at the ready, let's start rattling.

This whole thing could get a whole lot worse.

It's been a worry that ww3 could start in the Middle-East, I hope not.

More than likely now, after the Turkeys shot down the Russian aeroplane.

Still, not to worry. A nuclear exchange is most unlikely. The Russians will not attack us with nuclear weapons whilst we continue to possess ours. Deterrence: the whole raison d'etre of nuclear weapons.

As for a war between Russia and Turkey: quite possible. If so, for God's sake - no, sod God - for OUR sake, keep out of it.

Sponsored Links
Turkey and America say it did; and we say what America tells us to say.

Yanks have just got the @rsehole because russia doesn't give a fk about them and every speech obama makes ends up on a cassetteboy video on youtube

Still, not to worry. A nuclear exchange is most unlikely. The Russians will not attack us with nuclear weapons whilst we continue to possess ours. Deterrence: the whole raison d'etre of nuclear weapons.

As for a war between Russia and Turkey: quite possible. If so, for God's sake - no, sod God - for OUR sake, keep out of it.

We can't keep out of it. That's the problem. Turkey are a key NATO country and all NATO countries must rally to the call of any other NATO country. Trident will get us all cooked - not save us.

We can't keep out of it. That's the problem. Turkey are a key NATO country and all NATO countries must rally to the call of any other NATO country. Trident will get us all cooked - not save us.

Won't get me, I'm digging a bunker as I type.

As I said earlier, Turkey should be expelled from NATO. It makes a lot of sense.

Just hope I am near the drop zone when one goes off. Don't fancy a slow agonising death.

In the UK every town is in the drop zone.

As above, Turkey should never have been part of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization). It's really a middle-eastern country which is becoming more islamic, with a dismal human-rights record, and well-known to turn a blind eye to certain terrorist factions. Their standards in diplomacy are just not ours in the West.

Say Turkey was pummelled by Russia, then of course we would all be supposed to pile in in defence of Turkey. As Russia's conventional weaponry would probably ultimately not prevail against NATO's, Russia would then feel cornered and more inclined to use the ultimate weapons. Just because we in the West keep nukes as a deterrent, it doesn't mean to say the Russians would see it that way if they had their backs against the wall.

Upshot is that we should be prepared for the ultimate war, in support of a petulant nation in the middle east. But of course, it's probably our fault originally for meddling in Iraq, Afcrapistan, Libya etc. Was the world any less safe when Gadaffi and Sadam were in charge? Tyrants, yes. but they kept the lid on the fanatics. The liberals who wanted to emancipate the downtrodden masses in the middle east should have remembered that the road to hell is indeed paved with good intentions

Sponsored Links
Back