Washing Machine (APM 8512) leaking at front (photos inside)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just found my washing machine is leaking water on the under side towards the front of the washer.

The leak appears 6 inches back from the front of the machine. There is a drip every 6-8 seconds.

CBzPodf.jpg

Is there a common issue with washing machines that could be causing this? E.g. broken seal.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that if you pull it out and lay it on its back (important) you will see obvious signs around the guilty culprit!

Trouble is water could be trickling down and along pipes/wires etc and drip nowhere near the leak. But looks close to the filter, has this been cleaned?

I'm sure that if you pull it out and lay it on its back (important) you will see obvious signs around the guilty culprit!

Trouble is water could be trickling down and along pipes/wires etc and drip nowhere near the leak. But looks close to the filter, has this been cleaned?

Yeah the filter is clear.

I'm pulling the machine out next week to replace the tap so I'll have an opportunity to take a closer look then.

I assume its all working fine, i.e fills, heats, turns and spins fine. Just leaks a little.

If it has a sump on the bottom of the drum check that first but sure you will see water stains which will make it obvious where the leak is.

Could even be from the fill hose or your hose tap connection running down the hose.

Sponsored Links
Yeah everything else appears to work as expected. I had to replace a capacitor last week because the drum wouldn't start to turn when the machine first started. But that's fixed now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back