Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Daughter has moved into a flat that has no provision for a Washing Machine. There is space for one, but fitting it would need some trickery with the drain hose.

I could fit a new proper waste pipe underneath the units, but it's a lot of work considering it's not my flat. I'd not hesitate if it was her own house, besides the Kitchen isn't fitted particularly well so I really don't want to get any more involved that I have to.

An easier solution would be to extend the drain hose, which I know is possible. My question is, would extending it by 3-3.5m be acceptable? Also, would it cause a problem for this hose to lay on the floor under the units, then rise up to connect to the Sink Trap?

Sponsored Links
It would be better if it could rise early and then fall as it will be less standing water for the pump to push against. Given the bore of the hose, I think you'll end up with a blockage and strain the pump. I'm assuming she has an assured short-hold tenancy. In which case the better solution you propose might well be classed as damage when you leave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back