washing machine leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my mums washing machine is leaking at the back where the belt is connected to the drum, it is coming out of a hole where the bearing is housed.The bearing is not noisy, but yet water seems to be coming from there.Water is also escaping from the water pump.Would this be down to a break down in seals if they have them,and if so is it worth getting it repaired.

Sponsored Links
sonds like the bearing seal is on its way, new baerings required, as for worth repairing, depnds how old it is

The machine sounds like it is at least 10 years old as the newer models have synchronous pumps which don't leak. I would think a bearing change and new pump would add up to £100+ so a new machine night be a better bet.

Sponsored Links
the abve said, i have seen bearings go at less than 5 years old. if you look after a m/c and never over load it they last for years, my hotpoint is still going its about 7 years old, only changed brushes once

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back