Washing Machine - soaking wet clothes even after spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im not sure if its a drainage or spinning problem on my 'haier' washing machine. It seems to complete the cycle as normal (doesnt make a difference which programme we choose) but then even after spinning the clothes are still wringing wet. There isnt any water left in the bottom of the drum though. We then put it on the spin only programme, maybe 3 or 4 times, sometimes this works but mostly it doesnt! I'd say we have this problem in about 8 out of every 10 washes. If it was a blockage problem wouldnt it happen on every wash? I dont understand why it works sometimes and not others. Sometimes on the digital display it says 'Unbl' at the end, which I take to mean unblock. But ive checked the filter and taken all the hoses off and flushed them through, but could not find any blockages there. The washer is only 1 yr old, just out of warranty. Ive been wringing the clothes out in the sink after each wash, but they take forever to dry and dont smell too good either!
Shall we just dump this one and get a new one?! Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
unbl means unbalance load try with 2 towels in it .as every women say i dont overload it :rolleyes:

Ah, I see. Could we really be putting in an unbalanced load 8 out of 10 washes? Just looked up some reading on this. Could there be a fault within the washer that is registering it as an unbalanced load, or is that not possible and its purely human error?
Thanks.

women say i dont overload it :rolleyes:
so maybe it is overloaded.

you can try weighing your washing and comparing it to the instruction book, or just experiment witrh a smaller load.

Sponsored Links
If anything I think its been underloaded.

Yesterday I filled the drum full to bursting so that the whole space was filled and hopefully as it span it would be evenly balanced in the drum. For the first time in wks it worked and the clothes smelt fresh coming out.
I tried to do a second wash with bed sheets but they came out soaking wet. When I put the sheets in the drum was full, but obviously as they have got wet they have bunched up so that by the end of the cycle they take up about 3/4 of the drum. Could this be what is unbalancing it? Its so frustrating!

chuck some towels in as well to balance it out you bought the worse mc poss, its made in china and have no end of problems .check the reviews on the currys /comet website for this mc

Ive just been on the 'money saving expert' website. There is a whole section on these haier washers being useless faulty machines! And the same fault seems to be the spin and drain problem....at least I know its not just me or something Ive done!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back