washing machine tap, no water, rest of flat is fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just moved into a new flat, got a washing machine from a friend, youtubed how to install it. All straight forward, water in, water out, power cable.

but the selfcutting tap has no water coming out of it. all the other taps are fine.

is it possible there is some valve somewhere in the apartment or outside? Or do i have to get a plumber to replace the tap?

its an old building, from pre-communist times.

cheers,
Aleksey

Sponsored Links
I have no idea what your self cutting tap is or what kind of tube its mounted on.

In the UK they were used on copper tube and the sealing washer used to spread and cut off the supply.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL:

Just checking!

I would try and trace the pipe back, looking for a service valve ect

If not, is the pipe buried in concrete or accessible under floor.

I would then cut it and connect to a known supply

Obvious I know, but the best I can think of.

its in the bathroom, everything is tiled :( its an apartment. cant get under the floor.

im guessing there should be some other valve somewhere, but ive looked everywhere and can't find it. The other taps in the bathroom work fine.

looks like im gonna have to call a plumber. crap...

Are you sure the self cutting tap has actually cut through the pipe?

aparantly this is not a self cutting tap, i was just using the wrong word.

apparantly there used to be a washing machine here a long time ago, so at some point this tap worked..

it can turn 90 degrees and then it stops.

maybe i should try forcing it stronger?

nope forcing it stronger gives no results. feels like the thing might break if i force it any stronger.

It does sound like its working, so I guess the water is shut off somewhere else.
It looks a bit better quality than the plastic crap that we have to use anyway.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back