Washing Machine Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a washing machine that I have plugged in, attached the cold tap but I don’t seem to be able to attach the waste pipe as the pipes are almost identically sized, I have attached a picture of the waste pipe I'm holding and you can see just above the pipe it is supposed to fit into – how can i fix this/which part do i need?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Does the rubber end of the washing machine hose fit over the waste connection (secure with a jubilee clip if it does)?

Make sure that you loop the waste up to the underside of the worktop and secure it - prevents your washing machine filling with the waste water from your sink.

It should fit over. Might be a bit of a stretch. Sometimes soaking the rubber end in hot water for a few mins helps. If it really is the wrong size then you'll need an adapter of some kind or use one of the two vertical connection points but from the image it looks about right to me. If you do use one of the other connections then you'll need to un-blank them and blank the existing one or it could get messy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back