Washing Machine Won't Leak on Command

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a three year old Hotpoint washing machine. After a full day's laundry it is sitting in perhaps half a cup of water on the floor, directly underneath.

I took the top off and I put some detergent in the drawer then ran it on rinse cycle. When finished I looked from the top and the bottom with a torch and ran my hands over everything, nothing is wet. The floor is bone dry.

I repeated this again. Same thing.

Next laundry day at the end again it's leaked half a cup of water.

Again I run a rinse cycle with detergent. Not a single drop on the floor and nothing feels wet inside.

I also can't see any detergent stains on the inside.

There is some rusting to one side near the feet which makes me think this has been going on for a while. Also the drawer has a tiny amount of water in it, a few ml at the end of the rinse cycle, and some mold growing in the drawer compartment - so not drying out?

Jets in drawer look OK.

Also dry where the hose is connected to the back of the machine.

It's annoying that I cannot get it to leak on command. Any suggestions on how to get it to leak?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind that a rinse cycle is cold water. Try running the washer on a 40 degree cycle. Leaks occuring with HOT water cycles may be due to components contracting on contact with heat.
If you are taking the back or the top off during operation to try and spot the leak please also bear in mind that there is enough current in there to stun a rhino.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back