Washing Machine won't spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need help with a Hoover washer drier. My friend washed her trainers in the machine and now it wont spin, it still goes through its cycle but when it comes to the spin, it just goes round and round at normal speed. I think that may be a sensor problem but I am no expert on this.

Could it be a sensor or do you think that it might be the control dial thats knackered. She will pay to get it fixed if it will be cheap enough.

cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
Machines can sense uneven loads but this is done by monitoring actual motor revs versus expected revs, so it uses the same sensory equipment that produces the slow drum movement for the wash. Sometimes the machine is unable to re-distribute the load well enough to allow the spin to start. Typically this happens if there is only one item such as a mat in the drum. Try the machine with a typical mixed wash load and see if it spins.

The machine will wash the clothes but when it comes to the spin it just keeps turning over and the clothes come out ringing wet, this only started after an uneven wash (trainers). I thought that if the bushes where gone the drum would not turn at all !!!.

cheers.

Sponsored Links
worn brushes are the first thing to look at on a no spin.

with no load the drum will spin.

try yours empty and put on a spin cycle

I should have stated that I have tested it empty with no load and its still the same. No spin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back