Waste disposal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am currently setting up on my own as a plumbing and heating engineer. I am just wondering, when you re-fit a bathroom for example. Where would you dispose of the old one?

All the local tips near me, specify commercial, trade or industrial waste is not permitted. And with my van sign written, it would be hard to insist that it is my own personal waste.

Other than hiring a skip, which isn't always practical, I haven't really seen any solutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
theres a plumber round the corner from me,that has a permanent skip on his drive,so im assuming he doesnt have a waste licence.maybe if you have the room this could be a way to go?.

Just dump it in the customers front garden. It's their waste after all and their problem.

Do you have another car, which can go to the local tip? I cut my old bath in half and the pieces went into the car.

Sponsored Links
Get a hippo bag for the customers front garden, dump it all in there and get it removed when the job is over.

Andy

I make it clear to the customer that while I will clean up any mess and remove all rubbish to the place of their choosing (on their property) final disposal is their responsibility.

Substitute dumping for stacking as in another poste. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back