Waste pipe fall angle

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by H0ckeynut, 20 Jul 2009.

1. H0ckeynut

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I'm trying to gauge the feasibility of installing a shower cubicle to an inside wall, and moving the basin to that same wall. What I needed to know was whether it would have enough fall to get to the outside wall. That would be about 2 metres away front he shower & basin location. And obviously I would be looking to achieve that fall underneath the floorboard. I think the pipe would be going in the same direction as the floor joists.

Any other thoughts or advice I should consider? And would I be able to get enough rate of fall to put these on that wall opposite the outside one?

Hope that was clear and not incoherrent babble!

Thanks,
    David

2. Richard C

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Fall required is between 18-90 mm per metre run but the maximum length for an unvented waste pipe run is 1.7m for 32mm diameter & 3m for 40mm waste. If the joists are at 90 degrees DO NOT notch them; Building Regs. cover where & to what extent you can drill & notch joists. If you tee the shower & basin into the same waste run you will need to fit either an air inlet valve or an anti-siphon trap on the basin run.