Waste Pipes - Boxing In

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

New to this site, and there seems there a lot of useful advice out.

I've recently had a upstairs bedroom converted to a large bathroom. All going smoothly, apart from the fact that all the waste pipes are visible.

The pipes all run along a single wall.

Although the builder kindly put in some MDF boxing, it didn't really suit the look of the bathroom I was going for. :rolleyes:

Thought I'd take the plunge and box them in myself using something veneered in oak or rosewood. My plan is to cut the edges at 45 degrees to get a nice join (rather than using edging tape which seems to be a bit fiddly).

My question is what would be the best veneered product to use. Ply, blockboard or MDF? I thought 18mm would be a good thickness to use or would that be overkill? I think I would prefer double side veneer.

Any ideas, suggestions or recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try asking on the woodwork/carpentry sub forum, you will then be given the advice of which you seek.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back