water coming in from upvc door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, my living room door has water coming in. i have no idea how long this has been happening, as we rarely use this door, but today its pouring down and i noticed it when cleaning, it could be months/years.

i have included a picture of what is happening.

what i would like to know, is can this be fixed, as there is no way i could afford a new door now. could it be the rubber seal is broken or something like that? either way i wont be repairing it myself, so i came here to ask for help to see what i need to ask for when i contact someone to repair it for me.

Sponsored Links
Somewhere along the bottom of the frame you should see 2 slots, probably a few inches in from each end, these are for drainage and allow water to drain through the pvc section and either out over a cill or if one isn't fitted then through face drain hole in the face of the said pvc. Check with water that these holes are not blocked, if you don't use the door often its very likely these are blocked, if so try all sorts like a coat hanger, hose pipe but not too much as you'll flood the house, this is the first port of call.

Secondly i would be inclined to fit a drip strip or weather bar along the bottom of the door itself to deflect rain out over the frame instead of it seeping through the rubber gasket and into the area you highlighted (but this is what the drainage holes are for)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back