Water down walls ? Faulty roof gutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This roof and guttering have recently been completely replaced. I have seen the water running down the walls at various points around the house as shown on the photo but the builder says there is nothing that can be done and that it is ok ??
Is this correct , doesn't seem right to me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 163
Sponsored Links
There are signs of water staining at the inside corner of the walls and on the window sill - if there are similar stains around the property then you have a problem.
Can you get the Builder/roofer back because that is no way an acceptable result for a re-roof & rainwater.
"nothing can be done" is a nonsense reply - even with the less than photos I can immediately see a couple of things that can be done, and something (the parapet) that needs investigating.
The flashing behind the parapet needs some close scrutiny - probably the same with all abutment and back gutter flashings.

Many thanks for your answer

This work was part of a major rebuild of 7 houses, all have had the roofs done and gutters replaced yet all still have water coming down the walls from the edges of the gutters / drains. As intimated the builder suggests that nothing can be done and played it down so am trying to get advice so that I can ask for an independent assessment of this work.
Is there any circumstance that water running down the walls like cannot be sorted or should be accepted ?

Many thanks again

Another example

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
Your last photo is not another example.
You must get legal advice, and afterwards probably an RICS surveyor as an Expert Witness.

Apologies , this is another photo of the issue. Do I go back to the builder first ....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 155
Better pictures would help for a start

That first picture looks like a parapet wall, and if so would not relate to the roof work. The parapet coping looks like it has an open joint.

Agree here. possibly looks like a parapet coping issue.. better pics from all angles might tell more.
Your final picture possibly shows run off from the edge of slate at gutter level, there is a fair amount of water coming down the valley.
However it could just as easily be tracking the contour of the kneeler stone
I still think the cause may simply be water from the copings.
Of course speak to the builder first!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back