Water dripping behind gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just done my first fibre glass roof on our kitchen.

I used roof lat to button out the edge of the roof to provide a lip so the water will drain into the gutter properly.

Well it is just a touch short and so water now runs down the facia as well as going into the gutter.

I cannot change the roof design so are there any products i could use to channel the water into the gutter. I was thinking about some triangular beading tacked onto the facia under the fibre glass protruding bit. The water would hit this and then be deflected forward more and into the gutter.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for the idea. will look into it. But i do prefer the idea of of some type of beading painted white which will blend in with the facia a bit better.

Ok well another option you maybe able to use is a 50mm white flexible angle which comes in 5m lengths.

Sponsored Links
I ended up buying a special drip trim for the rubber roofs sold at my local plc supplier. It is a 2 part system, but i just used the angled deflector. Worked a treat and it looking in keeping with the black gutter. £15 for a 2.5m run though.

I need some more trim for the garage section, but leakage here is not as important. I may look at the 50mm angle you mentioned as there isn't room here to fit the trim i have used due to the gutter being much higher up to the top of the facia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back