Water in Corsa footwell

I'll probably avoid taking the steering wheel off if at all possible. I've allocated myself the entire weekend to do it (minus the cricket if things are going ok). I've got the new servo gasket and some carpet adhesive should I actually decide to take it up.

Haven't looked fully into taking the seats out, can see the front two torx bolts, but cos it's a combo not a corsa, not sure how easy the access to the rear ones is.

Even the guy in vauxhall wished me luck :mad:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Halfway through - letting the sealant cure overnight.

Top tip for other people's future reference. The carpet in a combo appears to be in 3 sections, unlike the one piece in the corsa.

Drivers footwell
Passenger footwell
A small section behind the two seats - it's just lipped over both front carpets under the seat

This meant I was easily able to remove the offending section for drying

Sponsored Links
It took me about two half days.

First half day - removing:
engine bay components
drivers seat
drivers side carpet/underlay/sound deadening (that's an absolute must, so wet)
clean off the old sealant and reseal the plate

I then let this cure overnight, and the wet floor stuff dry out.

Second half day:
Rebuild & refit.

I hit the snag that this guy hit with the brake light switch, so had to repair that. And looks like I may need to bleed my brakes, they work but feel a little bit spongy.

I didn't take the plate out to reseal, that would have made it a much bigger job.

I did however, take the bonnet out, gives you much more room, and I also disconnected the branches on the battery cables, means you can pull them right out of the way.

@mfarrow did a much more thorough job, but time was not on my side, and I can't see how any water's gonna get past the sealant on there now

Back