Water in Gas pipe to Hob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of advice - plumber has installed a new gas hob and combi boiler system for me, but it appears that after pressure testing the gas line has left some water in it.

Heatings fine but now when we turn on the gas hob you can hear water bubbling in the pipes and the hob flame pulses with each bubble, don't want to really get the same guy back having left it like this in the 1st place but my question is will it evaporate with use or is it more expense for someone to dismantle and clear the water??.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How has he managed that :eek:
We dont test gas pipes with water, well at least I wont.

Your meter has'nt been flooded has it, or did he connect water to gas and after checking for leaks, Ect, realised what he had done :rolleyes:

If your plumbers tested the gas pipe with water what else has he cocked up. Most would have used air.

Will not evaporate, needs taking apart and emptying. Are you sure there is no water in the gas supply to combi? Could cost you a new gas valve :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys doesnt seem to be a problem with the combi - no noise when its running - I think the waters trapped before it on a different spur by the sound of it - I think he tested it all with water as you say and didnt empty it fully when realised what he'd done - he did test some of it a second time with a dry kit but I think different plumber to fix this one - was hoping it would evaporate as a long shot.

Surely it would evaporate eventually? Natural gas may have some water in it, but it is not saturated, so the water would evaporate gradually. If it's only flowing towards the hob it's not likely to do much harm either.

Had this once before, We taped a nozzle on a henry hoover to one end and disconnected the other end, Did not take to long to suck out. Just a long time doing all the gas safety stuff before we started and afterwards.

To the OP, it does not sound as if this fellow is CORGI registered or even has much experience.

Is he some East European kitchen fitter?

Didn't you know that any gas work should be done by a CORGI registered person?

Tony

I'm having the same problem. AND NEED SOME HELP!

The people I live with decided to give our hobs a bath, in some attempt to clean them.

After soaking up some of the water from inside the hobs, (where the gas meets the Ignitor)
It appears the water has seep'd into the pipe, creating a strange gurgling sound.

If the gas comes out, it is a tiny flame...probly as water is probly preventing the flow.

Is this dangerous.>>?
Is this going to be expensive to fix...>>?
Can I, the average DIY man do it myself.>>?

It is a very very old Homark....it appears to have crews to take out the fitting.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND ANY ADVISE....I REALLY DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!

If you dont have a clue then the best advice is to not touch it.

Do NOT disassemble the hob unit!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back