water leaking from heat exchanger plate where joined???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i noticed a leak on my chaffoteaux britony 80 coming from the left hand side of the heat exchanger plate where it joins the hydraulic box,,,thats the plastic housing bit that the dhw thermistor sits in,,,going to try 4 new o rings first,,,if not its not that could it be the hydraulic box i wonder??? ive inspected the heat plate carefully but can see no cracks or holes,,,althougth there was some corosion round the left side threads bit where the long screw goes as if maybe its been weepeing for quite a while before turning into a full blown leak,,,maybe better off replacing both the heat plate and the hydraulic box just to be sure,,,any thoughts anybody???

Sponsored Links
turned out to be a hairline fracture in the hydraulic block just on the neck of the dhw thermistor housing bit of it,,,easy fix,,, less than a tenner and came with a full set of o rings and washers,,,i would change the whole ****box but its piped up in 15mm gas and would need changing to 22mm if i fitted a modern boiler,,,that is the only reason why i keep fixing it instead of replacing it,,,the gas meter is at the front of the property and the boiler is in the extension at the back so a bit of a chew on to run a new pipe through,,,plus the whole system is old,,,microbor etc,,,id rather wait a few year and replace the lot next time the house is empty,,,piping,,,rads,,,boiler the works..........................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back