Water light ON but has drain hose installed-Hotpoint Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Hotpoint TCEM 80C Experience Condenser Dryer. When we purchased this several months ago, I installed a hose (as per the instructions) which sends the water out via the drain which also uses the washing machine. On occasions, the machine will run through the drying cycle but when we go to remove the clothes, they are still wet and the "Empty Water" light has come ON!?

Now, in theory I assume this should not be happening as the water container is bypassed and therefore cannot collect any water, as it is all expelled via the hose. I know that the water is escaping OK, as we fitted a transparent one so that we can watch the proceedings.

This is not an issue with the fluff filter nor the condenser unit, which are both cleared/cleaned as recommended. However, it tends to happen when a drying load is unevenly balanced (eg:- some quite wet cotton things in with dryer materials). It is difficult to monitor the proceedings as the dryer is located in an outhouse. What can happen is the machine is set to say 60mins, and the "empty water" light is OFF, and then at some point during the hour it presumably comes on. On opening the door and rearranging the wet clothes, we then will restart the machine for another hour - the light usually then will go off after about 20 secs and all is well.

Bit of a pain, as we are trying to run the machines when on cheap rate (Economy 10), so it can take quite a while to get the laundry done unless we keep going back to check it every few minutes......

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back