Water only trickles out of the shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in a bungalow and in the bathroom there is a bath with a shower attachment.

The water comes out of all the taps including the bath with good pressure, in fact I felt the need to turn the stop cock down a bit.

But when I push the knob down to divert the water from the bath taps to the shower attachment the water only trickles out, very difficult to have a shower.

I have had 2 bungalows previously and never had this problem before.
The water tank is directly above the bath.

Any ideas about what the problem is and how to rectify it?

Sponsored Links
How much distance is there between the shower head and the bottom of the tank, do you think?
If the shower has a flexible hose, is the flow better when the shower head is lowered?
John :)

Thanks for the reply,

The shower head to the ceiling in 50cm, then there is the thickness of the floor and the tank is on a wood platform so I am estimating the total distance from shower head to the bottom of the tank to be 80 to 90 cm.

It has a flexible how and when turning the water on fast with the shower head still on the wall attachment and then taking it out and lowering it, to the best of my ability I cannot see or feel a difference.

I have tried 3 different shower heads.

You are dealing with less than 0.1 bar of pressure here so things are against you.....however it's worth removing the diverter in the tap to see if all is well there.
Also, a larger inner diameter shower hose will help.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I made a film showing the flow of water out of the tap, then out of the top of the tap without the hose on, then with the hose on.

I tried to add it in an album but it is not working. I would like you to see the film to give me your opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back