Water pouring out of diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother gave me a call to say no hot water so i went round thinking its mayby something to do with boiler pressure, as soon as i stood out the car i heard the water. Opened the garage to find water everywhere.

Anyway found the leak was coming from the diverter valve , with water spraying out of the top pipe at the left hand side in the picture.
Seemed to be some kind of overflow pipe?
Do you think it just needs a new diverter valve fitted?
Priced it up and its £50 for the part although a heating engineer went round and said she would probably best pay £1000 for a new boiler even though the boiler is only around 4 years old.
He said it would take him at least 3 hours to change the part.

Sponsored Links
Don't recognise the boiler make/model from the pic. 3 hrs seems a bit long but even so a lot cheaper than replacing the boiler. Find someone who is confident with repairs.

It looks reasonably accessible. I've not changed one, but looks no more than a couple of hours work.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know why the water would come out the black tube ? Is it an overflow of some kind ?

Plastic parts !!! Is it a very fine spray ? Get someone else, even if it did take three hrs thats no reson to get a new boiler. Alarm bells.

its not a fine spray it sprays quite a bit out , almost like a tap.

he said by the time she pay his labour charge and the part she would be swell spending the extra and getting a new boiler with 3 year warranty as he said it would only take an hour to change the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back