Water pressure electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are on a shared mains supply with next door and have fluctuating water pressure which is causing problems with our electric shower ... Like if we flush the loo or turn taps on the electric shower cuts out to cold or boils hot as the pressure goes up and down.

We have two showers and three toilets....

Is there any way of stabilising the pressure ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I don't ..... we had it checked when we moved in and the incoming main meets the minimum requirement ( whatever that is ).
We live at the top of a massive hill but I think this is more of an internal problem rather than the mains.
Like the showers work ok ( ish ) when no other water is being drawn from the system, flush the loo or start the washing machine or even run a tap and the pressure drops ?

I read last night that an accumulator tank might be the answer ?

Sponsored Links
How is your hot water heated? I'd get a proper shower. Ie a mixer shower.

OP some simple things to get done first. Firstly find the static pressure of your mains. A gauge can be purchased or borrowed and attached to find this out. Secondly see what your flow is like. Run the bath cold tap into a bucket or bottle of a known quantity eg a 2 litre bottle and time how long it takes to fill. This will give you your flow rate in litres per minute. (If it fills in 20 seconds then it would be 6 litres a minute etc)

Once we know these figures we can offer you better help.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back