water regs a legal requirementt have water regs. im very confused by it all.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just after some legal advice. I went to local open day at birmigham city college for gas course. They told me i will also need to do water regs as its illegal to work on water without water regs, and my public liability is not valid as i dont have water regs, i do some basic plumbing work now and again. im very confused by it all. can someone please clarify what if anything i need to work on water pipes, changing taps etc or is college just trying to get more money out of me?

Sponsored Links
It's more for your insurer to tell you what you need.

In general though water doesn't kill you so it's not something that's immediately controlled like gas and electricity. You do need to know though where to put check valves to prevent contamination and how to limit risk of legionella.

They decided that it had to be renewed every 5 years. When I first did it there was no expiry. I haven't bothered to renew move as my card has no expiry date.

Sod them.

Without the qualification, some things need notification. Like ascending spray bidets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back