WB Greenstar 37CDi as a new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking at replacing my old Sime Friendly boiler with a Worcester bosch greenstar 37cdi in the next month or so. Would this be a decent boiler to change too as ive had nothing but problems with the Sime? I have a 3bed semi right now but were looking to extending it to 4/5 bed in the next year or two so would want the boiler to be able to cope with the extra rooms. Ive looked on the WB website and i have a few installers near me that im going to get out to quote for me but I just wanted a bit of an idea of what boiler to go for. The main thing is the amount of hot water it can produce as the Sime is useless, you cant even get a decent hot bath in the winter. The website does not show prices for the boiler, what would i be looking at for this type of boiler?Im expecting around a grand for installing it or is that a bit on the low side?

Sponsored Links
CDi's are very good boilers, heat engine is fantastic and has been around for years, get an worcester approved installer and they should be able to offer you a 5 year warranty, worcester back up is very good also, dont know if i would fit a combi ina soon to be 4-5 bed house though :!:

There will be 2 adults and 2 kids in the house.The rooms now are just too small and its cheaper to extend than move. We like the neighbors and area too so would rather stay where we are. Will still have one bathroom and maybe a shower room, only one will be used at a time i would have thought, at least for a good few years till the kids turn into teens. Im looking at adding another rad to the landing, new rad thermo valves and a wireless room stat.Will it be likely to need a powerflush and is this required for the warranty? Is the 5 year warranty parts and labour?

Sponsored Links
yes, only through an approved installer though, and needs to be serviced annually by an RGI

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back