WC Back-to-Wall

mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently bought a new WC from bathstore (close coupled compact). Looked good in the shop because it has an enclosed rear pan area the fits neatly against the wall covering all pipework.

Got it home and now I'm somewhat puzzled about the fitting procedure. Its designed to all fit together and then be screwed to wall & floor as a whole unit. Silly me didn't check how the unit fitting process would work. How is it possible to securely fit the soil and water supply pipes. I'm guessing that you would normally have a flexible/concertina waste that could be fitted whilst its a short distance from the wall, but what about the water supply? Is there an alternative to using fixed rigid copper pipes, similar to the flexible hose used on taps, that would be a 15mm fit both ends?

Another point would be that the isolating valve would be either behind the enclosed pan or behind the wall and not easily (quickly) accessible after fitting. Unless I bring the pipework back out, but that defeats the object of concealing the pipework in the 1st place.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back