webcam as cctv for drains??

eggplant said:
I see !
which case surely a torch would be a cheaper and easier option - or am I missing something?

I could be wrong, but he was asking about it getting stuck, I assume he's going to want to push it along the drain, in the same way as an industrial camera system, rather than just inspect the cover area.

Sponsored Links
I don't know much about IP cameras, are they not quite bulky? Do they plug into RJ45 socket?
My reasoning on using a standard cctv type camera is the size of them, waterproof and cost. I have seen waterproof bullet cameras which give a pretty decent picture, one of these could possibly be fitted onto the end of a rod? The USB2 converter I have does a decent job of creating DVDs, iirc its made by belkin. Not yet tried it as a cctv monitor.

Gasguru said:
Perhaps something like this

2409062005nd6.jpg
[/URL][/img]

2409062006ie2.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Screws on the end of the drain rods.

Last time I used it was to investigate a badly spilling DFE in a listed house (previously a naval officers residence with very intricate chimneys)

The freeholder had appointed a contractor to re-line the chimney stacks as due to their height they were becoming a hazard. I found a 4 inch liner had been fed down to ceiling level and the annular space had been backfilled with concrete - gross negligence. Also capped with a non gas approved terminal.

Do i need one of these ?

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63244&highlight=&sid=765f41f2486731fc10fdbe4c28b4453e

Sponsored Links
Back