weber/ krend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any1 advise, i want to render my garage using weber,the problem iv got is that the blockwork has been painted which wont b enough ov a key and cant use mesh becausei will pass the finished brickwork at the bottom, has any1 got any ideas coz its doing my nut in

Sponsored Links
can any1 advise, i want to render my garage using weber,the problem iv got is that the blockwork has been painted which wont b enough ov a key and cant use mesh becausei will pass the finished brickwork at the bottom, has any1 got any ideas coz its doing my nut in

Can you just explain this a bit clearer?

can any1 advise, i want to render my garage using weber,the problem iv got is that the blockwork has been painted which wont b enough ov a key and cant use mesh because it will pass the finished brickwork at the bottom, has any1 got any ideas coz its doing my nut in

is there any way ov getting a better key to the painted blockwork without using mesh as it would stick out proud ov the brickwork

can any1 advise, i want to render my garage using weber,the problem iv got is that the blockwork has been painted which wont b enough ov a key and cant use mesh because it will pass the finished brickwork at the bottom, has any1 got any ideas coz its doing my nut in

is there any way ov getting a better key to the painted blockwork without using mesh as it would stick out proud ov the brickwork

Well, if you are using Weber Monocouche, you will be applying , say, 15-20mm - so won't this cause you the same problem?

Have you considered putting a drip bead along the top of the finished brickwork plinth, allowing you to put your monocouche on above this to the required thickness? This is a fairly standard finish detail.

You could give it a key by coating with Weber Rendaid if there is a modicum of key, ie if it the painted blocks have some roughness to them. You can bed weber plastic mesh into this and a roller will stipple it to give you a key, onto which you can apply the monocouche.

If they are smooth, like bricks with many coats of paint, you will have to provide a mechanical key.

Either scabbling or sparrowpecking to rough up the surface and remove a good percentage of paint, or fixing mesh with IDP plugs or nailable plugs.

Any help?

Sponsored Links
i thought ov a bell bead so i could get a good base coat on but the most i can go is a 10 mm stop bead to bring it flush with the bricks, i will try an get the worst off an giv that a go,thanks 4 the advise

i thought ov a bell bead so i could get a good base coat on but the most i can go is a 10 mm stop bead to bring it flush with the bricks, i will try an get the worst off an giv that a go,thanks 4 the advise

No problem.

However, 10mm is not ideal for monocouche. I would advise at least 15mm, especially if you have not done a lot of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back