Well done Clacton!

ukip have done several things
they have caused more policy changes in the tory party than the libdems
they have had all parties running about like headless chickens
the parties will now know they have to listen more to the chattering classes
but thats it they will now disappear into history like other protest parties with little or no further influence

Sponsored Links
ukip have done several things
they have caused more policy changes in the tory party than the libdems
they have had all parties running about like headless chickens
the parties will now know they have to listen more to the chattering classes
but thats it they will now disappear into history like other protest parties with little or no further influence

I agree that they have already achieved a great deal without getting a single seat in parliament (although they have now, of course), and I for one am grateful for that.

As for whether they will now disappear, I suggest we wait and see. Realistically, I doubt that they would obtain an outright majority although I still maintain that this is possible. After all, didn't they just do that in the EU elections?

Another encouraging thing is that they now appear to have effectively replaced the Limp Dems, at least where polls and by-elections are concerned. Perhaps it is the Limp Dems that will disappear into obscurity, and UKIP become the 'third party'.

One possibility is that they will acquire enough seats in parliament to have an influence if the Conservatives and Labour are fairly evenly matched. Nigel Farage has stated that he will not form a coalition with the Conservatives, but that hopefully he can influence decisions without forming part of a coalition. I think he has already done this, hasn't he?

The main thing is that more and more people are of the opinion that the three main parties (if we include the LDs in that description) are just not listening to what people want, and they want someone who will. Of course, different people want different things, but one very common concern now is immigration and the current big influx that is beginning to swamp the country is from EU countries. The EU mandarins have slapped David Cameron in the face and told him that they won't give an inch, so it's unlikely he'll solve the problem. Labour (and the Liberals) are adamant that they want us to stay in whatever, so there appears to be only one answer to immigration: UKIP.

We shall see.

what we need to remember there are hot spots in the country where immigration /housing/racial tension /unemployment/poverty/and other situations will fester
but most will only ever be a problem in a few places
some will have most problems most will have few or none
in general few places will have enough off an issue to make leaving the eu off any interest
in other words ukip are off little interest to 90% off the uk as they dont represent there problems

Sponsored Links
what we need to remember there are hot spots in the country where immigration /housing/racial tension /unemployment/poverty/and other situations will fester
but most will only ever be a problem in a few places
some will have most problems most will have few or none
in general few places will have enough off an issue to make leaving the eu off any interest
in other words ukip are off little interest to 90% off the uk as they dont represent there problems

You may well be right, but why did they receive more votes than the other parties in the EU election?

For some reason, some people think that UKIP voters are more gullible or more brainwashed than those that vote Con, Lab or Lib. Give me a Prime Minister who puts this Country first and there will be no need to vote for some untested party. I don't really care what they are called just as long as they do the job properly and occasionally listen to the public.

Back