West London gas engineer needed to fix E4 fault on Remeha Avanta 28c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 5.5 year old Remeha Avanta 28c boiler which is frequently failing to supply hot water. It displays an E4 fault code and resetting will often get the hot water working again for a few minutes.

The plumber who originally fitted it has attempted to fix it by stripping the burner down, cleaning electrodes and set up co/co2 readings. He says he followed all E4 fault reasons given in the manual but the fault still occurs.

From reading these forums and others I see that this is a common fault which many people have struggled to fix. I am therefore looking for an engineer who is familiar with Remeha Avanta boilers and has the diagnostic tools & software to identify the fault and fix it.

The boiler is installed in Chiswick, W4 3JP.

Thanks in advance,

Ciaran

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you're in Tony territory. Lucky you!

He'll be on later - if he can't fix it, no one can.

We already have a problem because the OP has mentioned both E3 and E4 fault codes with no further information.

My standard fixed price diagnostic fee charging model is not very suitable for difficult fault situations where others have failed. Its always possible that it is a faulty PCB and in that case a fixed price repair by British Gas or the Manufacturers might be more economic.

But this all depends on the skills of the installer who has failed to cure the fault which we do not have any information on. Many boiler installers have little diagnostic skills.

Anyone who wanted to discuss attendance with me would need to contact me via my profile information.

It looks like a very similar postcode to where I have to quote to move a boiler.

I fixed Ciaran's Biasi boiler last January!

Tony

Last edited:
You did indeed fix my Biasi boiler and it continues to work perfectly to-date! Many thanks. I'm in the planning approval stages of the new kitchen and will be contacting you to see if you have availability to install a new boiler as and when I gain approval.

Regarding the Remeha, the I typo'd the error codes which caused the confusion. The only error code displayed is E4. I've updated the thread to correct the codes.

I've contacted Remeha regarding the difficulties in fixing it and they advised me to use an engineer from their service department. Upon arrival, the engineer refused to look at the boiler as it's installed at head height in a void behind the kitchen worktop and he says it's against health and safety rules to swivel/climb over the waist-height worktop and use a small step ladder to access it. The plumber who installed it and the British Gas engineers who've serviced both it and the previous boiler (which was installed in the same location) had no such complaint but it does leave me in a rather tricky position; a fault with a boiler that, apparently, requires Remeha knowledge and/or diagnostic tools but a manufacturer who refuses to conduct a service!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Ciaran

Sponsored Links
There's an updated part with these that solves a known intermittent lockout on flame detection. Did your installer fit any parts?

There's an updated part with these that solves a known intermittent lockout on flame detection. Did your installer fit any parts?
No. He mentioned a Remeha service kit was available. I've asked him to contact Remeha to discuss whether this would be appropriate for this fault.

Which part/parts are you referring to?

Crikey access sounds good.
It's not ideal but it's a small kitchen and I can see why the old boiler was installed there.

I'm afraid this forum isn't meant to encourage gas work by unqualified people, so I can't say.

Even if you weren't going to have a go, there are plenty who would google the question and get the answer, which involves taking the burner apart.

I don't think that he is planning to do it himself!

Tony

Agile and CiaranT being the same person...
Do you really need to push for business in this way Tony???

How do you know they are the same person? Just intrigued? Surely not?

I was thinking the same. But then again, Man from Auntie would have denied strongly if it was untrue:cautious:

Beggars belief , the top 100 gas engineer continues to belittle his fellow gas engineers by insinuating he is one of an elite few who can diagnose and repair boilers......

Creating other forum user names to aid in his ego building BS.
Enough is enough now Mr Glazier....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back