What are you allowed to build?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

Currently undergoing an extension on the house and have taken down a rotten shed at the bottom of the garden.

It stood on a patio I made and due to the nature of the garden, it's an irregular shape.

Having a made to measure shed would cost a bit and no doubt to make use of the shape it would be 'more' expensive!!!

I want to utilise the all the space.

Can I build a 2 room shed out of thermailtes?

I'd build just below fence height then create a timber framework to sit atop of it as using all timber causes issues being unable to treat the wood that faces the fence.
The timber framework would thus have a sloping timber room and covered appropriately with felt......

I want to split it/partition maybe 60/40 with the 60% being a playroom for my boy and the other 40% being storage.

So is this allowable?
Thoughts?
Any better way of doing it?

I'll post a photo to assist your thoughts.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If it's less than 2m high and floor area less than 15m2 you can more or less do whatever you like. The link above gives all the details but you should be fine.

• Maximum height of 2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back