What boiler do i need can you answer my problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi .I'm putting in a combi boiler in my 4 bedroom house .
Can you answer me.this.....
I have 12 medium sized radiators I have 2 baths
(Which won't be run at the same time) .
My 2 showers will be electric showers.
My question is ... I'm told I need a boiler around 35kw .
That's great yet when I saw the specs on this worcester 36cdi Erp boiler the hot water is 36kw but the chis 24kw is this still OK for me ???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
But an unvented cylinder would be better than a combi.

Can you tell us the type and construction of your house?

How many people live there?

Tony

As above, a combi isn't really suitable for two bathrooms, and there's no point having two bathrooms if you can only use one at once

Very few pro's on here would recommend a Woofter Bodge

Many places I go to have two bathrooms and a combi boiler and just accept they cannot use them together.

But until they have a combi many don't realise that someone running a hot tap in the kitchen will disturb the flow to a shower in use.

Tony

Here's one. And it is Worcester-Bosch to you.

And I would ask a question; if you were going to design a boiler* and make a big fuss about it having only a few moving parts, would one of those parts be a cheap Wilo pump?

*If it is an original design, how come I've seen Potterton, Ferroli and (gasp) Worcester Bosch come up with similar designs only to drop them? Because of the trapped water in the HEX depositing scale, perhaps?

Here's one. And it is Worcester-Bosch to you.

And I would ask a question; if you were going to design a boiler* and make a big fuss about it having only a few moving parts, would one of those parts be a cheap Wilo pump?

*If it is an original design, how come I've seen Potterton, Ferroli and (gasp) Worcester Bosch come up with similar designs only to drop them? Because of the trapped water in the HEX depositing scale, perhaps?

It's proved to be an extremely reliable Wilo pump, and has a nice solid metal casing rather than a cost-saving plastic one.

The heat exchanger is a completely new design. Just because others haven't made it work in the past, doesn't mean that this now very proven design isn't any good either. It works very well

I'm ashamed to say I was duped by Nefit/Buderus 15 yrs ago into fitting their small boilers on the basis of excellent reliability claims from the Netherlands. The Dutch 'Housing Association' story has been used by many indigenous manufacturers, I was swayed - the first time I heard it.

Now I am older and wiser, I realise that in the UK, we aren't influenced at all by what our own HAs fit, because they are idiots. Idiots financed by the taxpayer. So why would I buy into a story about HAs on another continent reporting boilers as very reliable? I don't know, but I was.

When Intergas started peddling a similar story, I was not going to be bought so easily.

So I'm going to let you 'pros' fit and recommend as many Intergas units as you can. I'm going to wait another 5 years; I can afford to, because frankly most boilers are quite good nowadays and the Bosch aftersales our customers get is astoundingly good. My customers love them, so do others in the sample that report back to Which?

I'm not going to sit back and let you besmirch WB when they have nothing to be ashamed of (even if they did eventually buy out Buderus and thus Nefit).

The Wilo pump has not proved to be reliable in the same way that Grundfos has; there is a price premium on a Grundfos pump and even Vaillant have decided to pay it, having had so many warranty claims on the Wilos they fitted to the earlier production run of their ecoTEC within warranty. I've changed two ecoTEC Wilos out this week already. And the differentiation between plastic and metal is disingenuous. They are all Wilo.

I'm going to wait another 5 years;

Well I've been fitting them for years, how long do I have to wait?

'm not going to sit back and let you besmirch WB when they have nothing to be ashamed of

Pretty much every boiler they have released since the old Condensing CDi has been a joke.

he Wilo pump has not proved to be reliable in the same way that Grundfos has

:LOL: UPS2... great. Not had a problem with any Wilo since we boycotted Grundfos (with the exception of Conlift, Comfort and OEM replacements).

Tell me Simon,

Have you actually seen an Intergas yet?

I ask purely because last time we had the discussion you thought they had a plastic case then admitted that you hadn't actually seen one.

How many have you had go down on you? Surely there is some tangible data behind your rants, it can't all be hot air and bias

Or can it??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back