what boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to change my boiler, got vokera 80-20 15 years old, still .ok However, I think an upgrade would be beneficial, BUT, which one? I wasthinking Worcester 30KW.Valiant are dearer.30kw.Which are the "best buys" for quality for money, reliablity in that range ? I notice worcester and valiant seem to be out of vogue and Vokera have a new one out.Whats the pros choice? any advice appreciated.Prepared to pay for quality.but not just the name. combi-condensing.

Sponsored Links
My advise would be get the present boiler serviced (properly) as per the MIs, fit a programmable room thermostat and TRVs on rooms that are heated naturely.

Great boiler, with very few bad points. That is my opinion based on what I do day in day out.

My advise would be get the present boiler serviced (properly) as per the MIs, fit a programmable room thermostat and TRVs on rooms that are heated naturely.

Great boiler, with very few bad points. That is my opinion based on what I do day in day out.
Hi, thanks, all that,s done, just renwed breakdown cover. New fan, ventura, pc board, pressure switch, all replaced last three years.Trouble with pilot light, just keepsgoing out,relights straight off, then ok for months.Nothing Major wrong with it, just the age.Serviced every year.Might just do as you say, just wanted to know if I decide to upgrade .Thanks Slight loss of pressure, cannot locte the source, tried for years, settles ok at 0.5 bar, top up to 1, back to 0.5 weeks later, never seems to go lower so just leave at 0.5bar. Going to isolate boiler and see if its boiler leaking

we have used a few Procombi 100HE from Vokera and customers have been pleased with the boiler.
other than that we use Vaillant Ecotecs

would not touch
Ideal
Ravenheat
heatline

Sponsored Links
we have used a few Procombi 100HE from Vokera and customers have been pleased with the boiler.
other than that we use Vaillant Ecotecs Hi, thanksfor reply. Do you consider v, eco worth that bit more than worcester, approx £!50, do you rate the v,eco better quality than worcester?

would not touch
Ideal
Ravenheat
heatline

other than that we use Vaillant Ecotecs Hi, thanksfor reply. Do you consider v, eco worth that bit more than worcester, approx £!50, do you rate the v,eco better quality than worcester?

would not touch
Ideal
Ravenheat
heatline
Sorry, typing error. Reply added to yours

would not touch
Ideal
Ravenheat
heatline
Hi, me again, cannot find 100he on web, 35he and below

would not touch
Ideal

ideal logic is a fine peice of kit as good as the ecotech & worcester greenstar
Ravenheat
heatline

my advice to u O.P . is do not use any boiler that has a ally heat exc' , which would include Ideal & Worcestor !

Use a boiler that use's stainless Steel only !!! purchase a made in the U.K boiler , made in the U.K mean's British manufacturing = british job's !!! :)
You know it make's sense !!!

Some brit based boiler manu's do not manufacture in the U.K , Keston for example made in Romania , Raven heat made in Italy ect ect !!

Some will say buy Dutch , boiler manufactured by bloke with wooden shoe's bombed up on dope :)
some will say buy German , bloke in Laider Hosen , boozed up on Scnapp's :)

Buy Johnson & Starley , made in the U.K , made in Northampton , British job's !! need I say more !!! :)

my advice to u O.P . is do not use any boiler that has a ally heat exc' , which would include Ideal & Worcestor !

Use a boiler that use's stainless Steel only !!! purchase a made in the U.K boiler , made in the U.K mean's British manufacturing = british job's !!! :)
You know it make's sense !!!

Some brit based boiler manu's do not manufacture in the U.K , Keston for example made in Romania , Raven heat made in Italy ect ect !!

Some will say buy Dutch , boiler manufactured by bloke with wooden shoe's bombed up on dope :)
some will say buy German , bloke in Laider Hosen , boozed up on Scnapp's :)

Buy Johnson & Starley , made in the U.K , made in Northampton , British job's !! need I say more !!! :)
I own german cortina, bmw.Is anything british these days, all parts.etc.I usualy go by the rule ,you get what you pay for, however, my bmw hasn,t proved that rule, from new. .I,m not an insular person, buy the best I can afford. I find british is not always best, especially customer service. The British workforce now are imported, need I say more.?

johnson and starley are Warm air? Very good units though

Johnson & starley are not just warm air been making boiler's for year's ,

O.P I said buy a made in U.K boiler , e.g worcestor are made in u.k , german owned , ect ect , Gloworm made in u.k , part of vaillant , made could mean assembled :) BmW motorccyle's had the worst recall in industry a while back , doubt wether u can buy very much with bit's made exclusively from country of origin , certainly not boiler's from any one !

Not everything Johnson & Starley manufacture is British - State Water Heaters for a start made in the U.S of A I doubt that the "British made boiler contains very many "British components" - Honeywell Combustion parts - Dutch, Sit gas controls Italy etc etc :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back