What do you need to teach plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what qualifications etc do you reckon you need to train up spotty herberts?

seems a nicer life to me?

I am probably wrong, but seeing as I have not yet been offered my dream job (talent scout for a brothel) I am thinking of coming off the road, easier on me knees and heart

:)

PS I know I need to brush up on my grammer (well I do now I have re read my title lmao)

Sponsored Links
Contact your local college(s). There are courses available to help you become a lecturer. You'll probably find that you have to do an initial course to gain the qualifications to enable you to go on the lecturer course anyway. There was a job advertised in last nights paper for a teacher of plumbing. Good money as I recall but wifey has chucked it out so I can't give you the figures. I've heard mixed reports about this line of work. The main downside appears to be moron numpties who are only there to keep their benefit entitlements.

Just started on that road meself.

Not as easy as you may think as the little scrotes will play you up all the time.

Depends on what level of plumbing you want to do - basic or advanced.

Might be worth knocking up a Powerpoint presentation on basic stuff first.

Pay's not bad though. :cool:

Email me your number and we can have a chat about it.

Pete

solo said:
Contact your local college(s). There are courses available to help you become a lecturer. You'll probably find that you have to do an initial course to gain the qualifications to enable you to go on the lecturer course anyway. There was a job advertised in last nights paper for a teacher of plumbing. Good money as I recall but wifey has chucked it out so I can't give you the figures. I've heard mixed reports about this line of work. The main downside appears to be moron numpties who are only there to keep their benefit entitlements.

cheers mate

but its got to be better that trolling around a loft to work on a twnety year old saunny duval

Sponsored Links
contact local college my bottom.........errr what you need nowt.......no experience no nothing unless doing gas then its standard like every other tom dick and harry so wouldnt bother with any teacher training.

new regs comming soonish for anyone teaching must have nvq but like everything else its a case of yeah what ever believe it when you see it.

former hgv driving instructor.......same problem in the industry..we are going to make it compulsary that all instructor must have DSA instructors test..bean saying it for ten yrs and its still a voluntary register where any bozo like me whos had a licence for three years can instruct unqualified without the need for a dsa instructors test..certainly kept dsa staff in work when they make such comments but nobody got pay rise for it and of course it cost the instructors a couple of grand to get dsa registered.
your call go to college or ring the training providers and talk to them first to see what you aearn and so on.

ive done my acs so i can teach that to and im a bozo

doyle said:
contact local college my bottom.........errr what you need nowt.......no experience no nothing unless doing gas then its standard like every other tom dick and harry so wouldnt bother with any teacher training.

new regs comming soonish for anyone teaching must have nvq but like everything else its a case of yeah what ever believe it when you see it.

former hgv driving instructor.......same problem in the industry..we are going to make it compulsary that all instructor must have DSA instructors test..bean saying it for ten yrs and its still a voluntary register where any bozo like me whos had a licence for three years can instruct unqualified without the need for a dsa instructors test..certainly kept dsa staff in work when they make such comments but nobody got pay rise for it and of course it cost the instructors a couple of grand to get dsa registered.
your call go to college or ring the training providers and talk to them first to see what you aearn and so on.

ive done my acs so i can teach that to and im a bozo

lol

I have pretty much everything for plumbing I think, just thought you would have to do a teacher training dooings?

na dont need anything, a company advertised not to long ago for a guy to teach gas needed acs(no min period so newly qualified accepatable) no experience and did not need teacher qualifications

another one in nw

plumbing teacher no experience in teaching or plumbing but must have nvq level 3 in plumbing

giblets said:

Not as easy as you may think as the little scrotes will play you up all the time.

Pete

me too when i get money back outa africa.....hey and i aint even finnished my portfollio hahaha

solo said:

average 18000+ fro any instruction teaching job top line around 24000+

giblets said:

Pete

Thanks Pete

I have a meeting with a local college next week So I will email you me number after that

I do appreciate it

corgiman said:
giblets said:

incorrect, social security have a tight margin of only £1000 per head and as little as £2000 for each j/c to budget training fees.

plumbing is privatly funded by the candidate

Doyle... I'm just relaying what I was told. I went to an open night for courses last year. Around here you can't just walk into a colloge and teach plumbing no matter how many qualifications you have.
Found the ad in the rubbish. £24000 to £30000.
While there may be privately funded candidates the dole wallers do have a presence. They are time wasters who disrupt classes much to the annoyance of the paying customers. Not my words but those of my ACS assessor who got out of the lecturing lark and opened his own training company where everybody pays so there's less mucking about.

Officially to teach plumbing you need an NVQ3.

For gas they are so short of tutors many colleges will take part timers ( casual ) with just ACS.

To be serious you have to take the Assessors Award within a year or two and until thats attained you may be limited in what practical work you can teach/assess.

Most colleges are sensible enough to prefer highly experienced people with many years of experience to people with certs and no experience.

Pay is about £19 p.h. for the casuals but rather less for the full time. Usually the pay is only for the HOURS TAUGHT and time before and after lessons is not paid!

Tony

Agile said:
Officially to teach plumbing you need an NVQ3.

For gas they are so short of tutors many colleges will take part timers ( casual ) with just ACS.

To be serious you have to take the Assessors Award within a year or two and until thats attained you may be limited in what practical work you can teach/assess.

Most colleges are sensible enough to prefer highly experienced people with many years of experience to people with certs and no experience.

Pay is about £19 p.h. for the casuals but rather less for the full time. Usually the pay is only for the HOURS TAUGHT and time before and after lessons is not paid!

Tony

Where can one get studiing for this award tony?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back