What does a Dishwasher Mains Filter/Suppressor do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Smeg DWD1SSE-1 for a couple of weeks now it has been starting a cycle but about 10 mins in failing and leaving water in the bottom of the machine. I believe I have cleaned filters from the inside but I am not certain that I have completed the full length as I cannot fathom how to get to the waste end of the waste pipe they look to securley internally attatched and access is really tough.

In my investigations I am sure that the Dishwasher Mains Filter/Suppressor is definately dead it's all blackened and the casing is only 2/3rds attatched, I found the other part on the floor of the machine.

So far I have removed the machine from the fitted unit, I have taken of the right hand side (as I look at it when in situ) panel. This is when I spotted the blow capacitor. I then removed the rear access panel - where the mains and water enter/exit. This made it really easy for me to remove the dead capacitor but when I looked at the wiring seem the capacitor bridges the live and neutral doesn't appear to interact with the circuit and I'm not sure if this would fix my problem. Have I found one broken part when looking to cure another problem and jumped to a conclusion?

The machine fills and empties on the rinse cycle but doesn't go into the washing cleaning cycle - so I know the machine can remove waste water so I guess pumps are working OK filters are clean enough I have search the forum as I'm sure this must have been asked before but I've not found a satisfactory answer yet.

Cheers

kj

Sponsored Links
change the cap and mains surpressor and it will work .

Thanks for the help I did change the cap a few weekends ago but the machine still has the same fault. Any more suggestions anyone?

Sponsored Links
if it starts and after 10 minutes trips and is ok when ya put it on a rinse cycle it sounds ta me like the heater is faulty cause on the rinse cycle it doesnt use the heater and on a normal wash it does,obviously! if you want to double check this unplug the heater and put it on a normal wash if it doesnt trip its the heater!

bradley: domestic appliance service engineer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back