What does a SAP report actually show?

What's the point of looking at a SAP report? Its just a load of meaningless numbers! They don't mention any insulation levels. You [provide that info to the SAP assessor and he produces the report, if it fails he advises you need to add a bit more to the roof or whatever.

Sponsored Links
What's the point of looking at a SAP report? Its just a load of meaningless numbers! They don't mention any insulation levels. You [provide that info to the SAP assessor and he produces the report, if it fails he advises you need to add a bit more to the roof or whatever.

Just out of curiousity I guess.....never seen one before, but I didn't know that it doesn't recommend any insulation levels.

Tap my name and tap start a conversation..

EPCs are based primarily on building regulations for the build date of the property - although this can be modified by inspection. In other words, if the DEA can see that insulation has been upgraded from the original build then it can be included, otherwise it will be based on insulation requirements of the time. If you provide detail and photographs to the DEA they should account for it in your rating.

Sponsored Links
EPCs are based primarily on building regulations for the build date of the property - although this can be modified by inspection. In other words, if the DEA can see that insulation has been upgraded from the original build then it can be included, otherwise it will be based on insulation requirements of the time. If you provide detail and photographs to the DEA they should account for it in your rating.

Ok thanks, we are taking plenty of photos of each section of the house including the internal walls as we pad it out with 50mm Quinn rigid board insulation. Is that likely to significantly change the EPC of the house (1930s) if we are renovating everything else roof etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back