What does cold water tank feed - cant find anything?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My cold water tank in the loft feeds the central heating & the hot water tank.

There is two additional 22mm cold feed's from the tank which are converted to 15mm shortly before they disappear through the floor of the immersion cupboard. I presumed these fed the bathroom, but taps, toilet and bath feeds all stop when you turn off the water.

Every other cold water fed item in the house (downstairs loo, taps, washer etc) go off when you turn off the water at the main.

Anyone have any ideas what else they might likely feed before I have to pull the floor up?!

Cheers

William

Sponsored Links
Why do you need to pull the floor up? Drain the loft tank, fit valves to the mystery pipes, turn them off and refill the tank. See what works and what doesn't. If everything works, they're redundant connections

Do you really need to know?

Perhaps they fed something on the ground floor which has been connected to the mains?

If it bothers you so much you could drain the system and fit isolating valves and turn them off and see if anything is affected.

But a lot of work for no apparent gain.

Tony

Or close the ends of the pipes with mushroom shaped corks or stoppers, less work that draining and fitting stop cocks. DO NOT use an ordinary cork in case the pipe is in use and the cork then gets sucked into the pipe.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the prompt replies.

I need a tank pressure feed to give a balanced feed to a thermostatic shower mixer, was hoping these came into the bathroom already.

House is within the last 15 years old and doesn't look to have had any modifications to plumbing elsewhere so was wondering if there was anything I might have missed.

Looks like more investigation is required.

Thanks!

William

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back