what felt is this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been given 3 rolls of what i think is roofing felt? it as the name iko on it it looks thin like what you would put on a garden shed roof ,, one side as as sandy finish and the other side as like a cling film on it,,,, i would like to do my garden shed in it is it suitable,, and why the cling type film

Sponsored Links
Sounds like pre-bituminoused felt, used as an underlay, sanded side down. This (either permeable or solid) was fixed down to the roof boards, then a torch layer(s) applied to form the roof covering.
You could use it sand side up as a shed roof covering, but it tends to be quite short lived, unless it's elastomeric, which yours doesn't sound...pinenot

Sponsored Links
it looks very much like torch on but mutch thinner ,,, as i have it now whats best way to apply it sandy side up or down ? its for my garden shed roof will it last a few winters or is it no good what so ever

As I have said, nail it to the shed roof (felt clout nails) sand side down, then if you get a torch on top coat (mineral or otherwise) torch this on and you have a reasonable long lasting covering...pinenot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back