what fridge freezer buying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a integrated 50/50 fridge freezer that's frost free and a big freezer that can hold a pizza box.and around 90 l.and led

Don't want to spend a fortune

Sponsored Links
dont personally like frost free
you have a wasted void
it goes warm when defrosting the void by warm i mean from the recommended -18 to nearer -2 or 3degrees to allow the void to de-ice
you often have to defrost them taking up to 24hrs if the void is fully iced up rather than around 2hrs in a normal fridge freezer with the aid off bowls off warm water
others i am sure will dissagree :rolleyes:

They are all pretty reliable as the compressors etc. don't vary that much from one make to the next. Worth looking at the Gorenje NRCI4181CW. I have a Gorenje under counter freezer and I'm happy enough with it.

The one I've got just now is a bog standard one.
But folk swear by frost free or low frost

Sponsored Links
I can defrost my freezer in 20 mins as long as I do it frequently enough the ice doesn't buildup. The fridge part is frost free though.

rather than around 2hrs in a normal fridge freezer with the aid off bowls off warm water
:rolleyes:

I defrosted my university fridge in 15 minutes once.. took the lid off the kettle and left it boiling in there, door closed except for regular checks.

Don't know if I'd do the same now I'm all grown up and sensible..

I can defrost my freezer in 20 mins as long as I do it frequently enough the ice doesn't buildup. The fridge part is frost free though.

check your door seal; the moisture for the ice can only come from the air, and freezers tend to breathe as a result of being opened, warm air admitted that then cools and contracts, sucking more air in. Minimising this by making sure the seal is in good condition and leaving it open for the minimum time/getting a drawer version helps

I defrosted my university fridge in 15 minutes once.. took the lid off the kettle and left it boiling in there, door closed except for regular checks.

Don't know if I'd do the same now I'm all grown up and sensible..

Or for an equally speedy defrost open fridge door, put a fan heater in front of it and blast with hot air.
Making sure you don't get any water on the fan heater of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back