What hinges for louvre door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a louvre door to a cupboard and I've got some flush hinges, I want the door to be flush with the lining but I'm confused how these fit on because the cylinder of the hinge will stop the door from opening and closing. Are these the right hinges? I've not fitted a door before, need some tips

Sponsored Links
Never mind I'm managed to sort this, one problem left is that the flush hinges are old and the screws supplied with them are nackered. They are countersunk 15mm long 5mm head, anyone know what they are called ?

I'm fitting a louvre door to a cupboard and I've got some flush hinges, I want the door to be flush with the lining but I'm confused how these fit on because the cylinder of the hinge will stop the door from opening and closing. Are these the right hinges? I've not fitted a door before, need some tips
By flush hinges I presume you mean these:

The "cylinder" is what we refer to as the knuckle. Presumably you want to install the doors as full overlay (where the door completely covers the "lining"), in which case the knuckles will protrude at the sides:

If on the other hand you want the doors to fit inside the "lining" in what we call inset installation, the knuckles will be at the front:

Just like they do on your living room door (in all probability). If you don't want the hinges to be seen at all then you've bought the wrong hinges and what you need are concealed hinges, like the ones on your kitchen cupboards (again, in all probability)

They are countersunk 15mm long 5mm head, anyone know what they are called ?
Countersunk head screws. Screws are sized on their shanks NOT the diameters of the heads. In all probability they will be something like #4 x 5/8in or even #2 x 5/8in (#4 = no.2 = 4 gauge)

Sponsored Links
Hi Job many thanks, I wanted to install these without rebating any timber so the hinge is fitted to the face of the door. It is still what you refer to as inset despite the hinge showing on the front of the door it actually looks quite good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back