What is in this box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is anyone able to give me an idea what might be in this box on the right of the oven please?

It is in a property we are interested in buying but the estate agent doesn't know what is in there.

The property runs on oil central heating.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Most likely the boiler. Does the box get noisy when you turn the heating on?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply, the boiler is in an out building so didn't think it could be that.

Unfortunately it's a house we are viewing so the heating wasn't on when we viewed it so we couldn't hear anything.

The bathroom is downstairs so not sure if it could be something to do with the hot water? Could be a it hot water cylinder?

Water softener?

Just a thought, but you would need a large and easily removable cover to recharge with salt blocks....

DH

Sponsored Links
who said the boiler was in another position perhaps they are making an assumption
if thats not the boiler i will be very surprised

It appear to have a heating programmer, a timer, and a wiring centre connected to it.

Unfortunately it's a house we are viewing so the heating wasn't on when we viewed it so we couldn't hear anything.

Do you mean to say that you're viewing houses without checking that vital appliances are in working order, or finding out how old they are!?

Unless you've actually seen them, my money would be on the "boiler" in the outhouse turning out to be a hot water cylinder, and the thing in the box turning out to be the boiler

That's the boiler, look outside at the same position, the vent will be there... you could even open a window and peer out..

Hi,

Is anyone able to give me an idea what might be in this box on the right of the oven please?

It is in a property we are interested in buying but the estate agent doesn't know what is in there.
Then ask the estate agent to find out!

The house appears to be unoccupied. If so, do you know why? And if it is empty, make sure you have a proper survey done. Don't depend on the mortgage company's survey, which is basically a valuation exercise, not a problem finding one.

Thanks everyone, the estate agent said it was the hot water boiler. It was a mystery to me.
Thanks Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back