What is method statement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

At the moment I am doing gas training and field training. I am having difficult with them as their videos doesn't have subtitle :rolleyes: . It is their first time having a deaf person. My trainer has ask me to write a method statement for gas tightness, gas service, flue flow and spillage. Now I know how to do the above but I am having trouble putting it on paper as I do not know exactly what a method statement is.

What is it? :confused:

Dan.

Sponsored Links
A method statement is how you intend to do the particular job/work including H&S.

Write one out and we'll tell you what you missed.

Without being rude, I'm not sure a deaf person should be doing the job, for certain they would be Dangerous, and not just to them self on site.

Sponsored Links
He can always use the "lighter" method to test for the leaks instead of "listening". :mrgreen:

He can always use the "lighter" method to test for the leaks instead of "listening". :mrgreen:

The thread has all the hallmarks of a 6 week rip-off course.

TBH, it is, all paid for by my employer. I'm thinking of withdrawing from course as it's too much troubles.

That what I'm thinking, being deaf might be a problem but I wear a hearing aid. What sort of thing will being deaf be a problem?

Dan.

Hearing and understanding English is very important for yours and others safety.

in a fire everyone evacuates except you unless someone grabs you.

An object falls from above, they shout "BELOW" it lands on you head.

Hearing is also required when working in the gas industry and is as important as sight.

On a building site you would be a liability.

Hearing and understanding English is very important for yours and others safety.

in a fire everyone evacuates except you unless someone grabs you.

An object falls from above, they shout "BELOW" it lands on you head.

Hearing is also required when working in the gas industry and is as important as sight.

On a building site you would be a liability.

Well, I seem to be lucky so far, been in plumber trade for 16 years. Lol. I know of other deaf friends in trade and they have no problem.
Yeah, hearing might be a problem when doing safety test on FFD, FSD but still able to feel it clunk. Having no problem with field training.

Dan.

I wish you the best of luck Dan I really do, and admire your willingness to get stuck in. :cool:

However one of my gripes is that all site workers should have a certain knowledge and be able to read and understand English.

stick with it. is your training centre a college or private, sounds private to me

colleges should be able to help you as they have procedures set up to aid candidates with most problems

sounds like your assessor is "out of his depth" suggest they refund you and you go elsewhere

jp

Without being rude, I'm not sure a deaf person should be doing the job, for certain they would be Dangerous, and not just to them self on site.

Being deaf is a disability, it does not make the person a liability.

The law requires employers to make 'reasonable adjustments' for disabled staff, by providing additional support and equipment.

There is no reason why a hearing impaired person can't learn all aspects of a trade.

there are times when a deaf person should be accompanied and on a open site is likely to be one but generally if the dvl a will issue a driving licence then a site should not be a problem

disability does not mean liability

personally i would prefer a disabled person to some of the dickheads that don't give a toss about anything or anyone

jp

[quote="Johnmelad";p="2495795"

Being deaf is a disability, it does not make the person a liability.

The law requires employers to make 'reasonable adjustments' for disabled staff, by providing additional support and equipment.[/quote]

And just how could a site manager/foreman or a builder comply with H&S I would be surprised if public liability didn't have something to say about it for a start.

Restricted to areas, full time supervision perhaps.

:rolleyes:

And just how could a site manager/foreman or a builder comply with H&S I would be surprised if public liability didn't have something to say about it for a start. :rolleyes:

By making reasonable adjustments.

Sponsored Links
Back