What is RSS software?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any knowledge of RSS? is it worth buying? anyone know how much it is and where you can get it from?

Sponsored Links
RRS is Remote servicing Suite, encompassed with Shell /Comserver

it is used by pro firms to view/adjust/add and delete bits on specific control equipment

also i can produce real time events if set up correctly.

if you have a multitude of monitored systems installed, (or just connected to a phone line) you can do almost all off site checking of the system remotely.
its not designed for the end user, its designed for the professional user and engineer to carry out specific tasks

we use it for our clients sites

its not freely available, well Honeywell Galaxy isn't.

why did you want to set up remote servicing for your panel?

Oasis

Morning and thank you for your reply, I have recently installed a Galaxy G2 at my home and have added the LCE2 communicator to it, all I want to be able to do is access the panel when I am away from home to set and re-set when it is triggered and finds out what has caused the alarm condition.

sorry but if the system is set, you cannot even using RSS unset the system
set your system up for lock out (locks outr faulty devices) and ensure you have auto re arm set up.

Oasis

Sponsored Links
RSS can set and unset a G2 remotely. With the LCE Ethernet module you can also use Android to get a remote keypad to set and unset, look at logs Etc. too.

Hi, I have now set up the LCE module on my system, where do I get the remote keypad and android app from?

No, the app is Android only. There is other webserver software for the PC and browser.

Hi, I have now set up the LCE module on my system, where do I get the remote keypad and android app from?

If your after controlling your G2 wth phone the Android App runs perfectly over wifi and over 3g, but struggles to connect on 2g. Have run it for 6 months or so now without any problems. I looked at the webserver version but as it requires a pc to be on all the time I quickly forgot about that side of things. May suit you but Ive no idea if an iphone would support java anyway.

You dont need anything to do with RSS to get it up and running, the software asks you for your own panels RSS password, if its never been connected to by RSS or never had an RSS password added to it then you can leave it blank.

If you need any help getting it setup shout more.

thank you for your reply, I have just found out that I can get Androids to run on my Iphone with a bit of manipulation! it would be great is I could get it to work, but I am a bit concerned about messing about with the operating software in my Iphone.

thank you for your reply, I have just found out that I can get Androids to run on my Iphone with a bit of manipulation! it would be great is I could get it to work, but I am a bit concerned about messing about with the operating software in my Iphone.
But, why? It's just a toy.

Why take the chance of messing up your phone and alarm system. Just think how happy you would be if your alarm was inoperative for a period and you had to completely crash and reprogramme it, never mind your phone.

Don't you know whether your alarm is on or not?

Hi, no I am not treating as a toy, I spend a lot of time abroad and would like to have the ability to monitor my alarm from distance.

Thank you for recommending the LCE module, I have installed it on my system and it works a treat! unfortunately there is not an app for iphone but that is not a major problem as I intend to buy a cheap android phone.
I have been trying to make accessing the panel a bit easier with the software but haven't had much joy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back