What is the difference between OF, and BIO filters for boilers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does OF mean for oil, and BIO mean for boilers that run on red diesel? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I don't dabble with bio mass or oil but your question doesn't make a lot of sence.. Care to elaborate?

I'm not too sure what you mean here, but in an attempt to clean up emissions from oil boilers, a percentage of bio fuel is added to the blend. Typically this was in the region of 5% but can be as high as 10%.
Unfortunately this had the effect of destroying the seals in pressure pumps, and a new sealing compound had to be made before the pumps could be reliable again.
An excess of bio fuel has also the effect of making the kerosene harder to ignite......Danfoss apparently redesigned their igniter units to help with this.
John :)

Sorry I should of been more clear. I am looking at oil filters for oil boiler. What I see is there is two types of oil boiler filter the same size. For example you have a OF493 filter and a BIO-493 filter they fit in to the same filter bowl. So does OF mean for boilers that run on kerosine and BIO mean to run on red diesel?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back