What is this insulation board called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- I'm trying to order stud wall PIR foil-backed insulation board at 1200 x 2400 x 100mm each. B&Q do a Kingspan board, Wickes to a Celotex one which are the type I need, but I want to search for a cheaper supplier.

I've looked at these boards, but they don't have an product code/ name on them. On the interweb, there's things like 'Tuff R', 'TP10', 'TW55', 'TF70' etc. etc., and some seem to be for rafter use only, but does anyone know the product name/ code for what I'm after, or should I just put my head in a bucket of sand- and should that be sharp, kiln dried, soft, wet.........?

Any help greatfully received. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not sure I understand the question. The names you mention are the leading brands of PIR boards (polyisocyanurate ) which you quote yourself.

What product or name are you looking for ?

Fair point- not making myself clear as ever. Basically I know Celotex/ Kingspan are the makers of the stuff I want- PIR with foil each side at 100mm, but when I go to order, I don't actually know what its called.

Is it 'Tuff R-Zero', 'TP10', 'TW55', 'TF70', or a dozen other names I've seen? Or are these all the same? I don't want to e.g. order the wrong stuff e.g something specifically for rafter gaps or inside a cavity wall: The BC man has asked me to insulate inside a new stud partition wall (inside a garage, separating half of it from the kitchen extending into the garage). Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try e-bay and search kingspan seconds, same stuff, may be marked or have creases, but about half price.

The general purpose Celotex is now their GA4000 range and I think the 100mm stuff is GA4100. However, GA3000 (GA3100) was the previous product and you might find it cheap now.

My supplier offered to sell to me Celotex GA3100. I know Celotex replaced it with GA4100. Would I make a mistake by accepting GA3100? Perhaps it has poorer qualities than GA4100? Do both of them have the same U value? Do you know what their U value is?

Many thanks.

Do both of them have the same U value? Do you know what their U value is?
Your u values will depend on the application being used

Walls
Pitched Roofs
Flat Roofs
Ceilings
Ground Floors
Floors Over Un-heated Areas

the method of installation, the cavity, internal, external etc..
A few variable's.
Celotex have a online calculator, to do the calcs. They do ask for an email address but if you give them a bogus one. I think you be should be able to access it.
But they will only recommend a product, if the GA3100 is no longer available I doubt it will come up.
http://www.celotex.co.uk/Other-Resources/U-value-Calculator

@ PBD
Your u values will depend on the application being used

Not sure if I have misunderstood, but on the face of it, cannot agree with this statement when linked to the list you supply.

The standard test for establishing heat=loss is the "hot-box" test and as far as I remember reading, this always tests in one axis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back