what is your opinion?

Sponsored Links
Video showed nothing wrong with the driving to me. Then read article and agree entirely with it and the comments.

Tough guy who took his time looking to see who was driving before following into the car park. Waited for a moment when nobody was around and then confronted and bullied the woman. I just love guys like that...they make me proud to be a man!!! :mad:

My initial reaction having watched the start of the vid 4 times over was that she overtook him at a pinch point (where the island is) which is always hairy when you're on a bike.

But having heard his story ("I was doing 20mph and you overtook me then turned left right on top of me") it is a huge exaggeration of the facts.

Sponsored Links
Remember that the camera is wide angle so will look much further away than it is.

I saw nothing wrong with what she did. She overtook with sufficient room - he didn't appear to wobble at all - and turned left into the car park well in front of him.
I've heard so many examples of these arrogant 'lycra louts' kicking off at the slightest thing, and they always seem to do it when the 'victim' is smaller than them or is female.

This extract says it all:
"And would the situation have been different if the person in the car had been a 6’ 4” builder?" :ROFLMAO:

My personal opinion in this case is that cyclist might benefit from being flattened into the tarmac one day!

Yes, didn't he have time to negotiate the turn into the car park with no bother?

Also, didn't he say that because she had apologised, he would delete it?

Typical idiot cyclist if you ask me.
I drive a lot of miles and see this all the time. They think they own the roads, break the rules all the time.
What I've noticed for many years now as well, is they appear to actually want some conflict. It's as if they specifically look for a motorist doing something wrong so they can start gobbing it off.

Cannock Chase is now plagued with off-road bikers. The car parks around the Chase are overflowing on Sunday's as are all the tracks. My "great white hunter" friend had a run in with one who nearly knocked his son over and then actually waited down the track to confront him and give my mate a ticking off.
He's got a short fuse and told the biker that if he doesn't carry on with his journey it may spell the end to his biking hobby or something to that effect.
There can be harmony on the Chase, what with all the runners, bikers, walkers etc, but the lines do get blurred sometimes. There are some big egos out there.

I drive a lot of miles and see this all the time. They think they own the roads, break the rules all the time.
What I've noticed for many years now as well, is they appear to actually want some conflict. It's as if they specifically look for a motorist doing something wrong so they can start gobbing it off.

I must tell my wife what an idiot she is after a Tufnells 7 tonner overtook her on her bike, slammed on his brakes because he'd missed his drop off point and reversed back over my wife and two year son without looking.
Apologies for gobbing off about it.

I must tell my wife what an idiot she is after a Tufnells 7 tonner overtook her on her bike, slammed on his brakes because he'd missed his drop off point and reversed back over my wife and two year son without looking.
Apologies for gobbing off about it.
Where did I say all drivers are perfect? They can be right idiots as well, but some cyclists seem to enjoy and look for conflict.
Sorry about your wife and child by the way - very sad to hear.

1) glad your son and wife are ok.
2) do you think it's wise to take a 2y/o out on your bike? Given the congestion on our roads and the amount of careless drivers. Seems like Russian roulette to me.

i don't understand what the cyclist was angry about, total fool

If you read betwixt the lines, this isn't about cyclists and motorists, it's more to do with a bullying male who is displaying his fear and hatred of women. He's a predator looking for soft targets. I bet it's not the first time he's done this to a woman.

If he tried to do it to my friend, (a female), it would probably be his last attempt.
Although only 5'-4" tall and disabled I have witnessed her reduce a tall well built builder to an apologetic, simpering wimp.
Bloke had been tail gating her down a country lane for over a mile before she was able to pull to the side of the road. He pulled across her front and got out ready to give her abuse. She calmly stood there as he began to rant and when he paused to take a breath she calmly said, "Would you like to settle this in the ring with me inside?", nodding at the gates to the army base we had pulled up outside.
When he asked her what she was on about she told him she was a self defence instructor at the base and could get him authority to enter the base if he so wished. I've never heard some many words of apology and excuses for his being in a rush, (yet he had time to pull across her car and try to verbally abuse her)!

Regarding the original post the river was totally innocent of any reckless driving. She was in the car park and heading along the row before he reached the opening. He then looked as though he was going straight on before changing his and deciding to turn late into the car park.

Between driver turning and cyclist reaching turn was a four to five second lapse. What a dipship that cyclist is.

Sponsored Links
Back