What Mitre Saw for cutting Skirting Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i'm a bit new to the woodworking side of life. her who must be obeyed wants 5" (180mm) skirting boards around the house. i have fitted some in the kitchen and i cut the 45 degree by hand but i want to use a saw. any1 got any ideas?

regards
ian

Sponsored Links
Nobex do a good and accurate hand mitre saw, the Nobex Proman]Champion, which is difficult to beat without going to £170 or more for an electric. If you want a powered saw avoid cheap ones and stick to good brands like Makita, Bosch, deWalt, etc as they are much more accurate and won't fall apart in a hurry. Have you set a budget for this?

Scrit

i have a budget of about £300 but i am unsure on what sort i want. i would prefer electric as i do a bit of building work and i am always cutting wood for stud walls etc. but at the mo the skirting boards are the priority. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
ian

In that case look at the better makes - Makita, Bosch Industrial (blue), deWalt, etc. Sliding saws have a greater capacity than straight shop saws, but cost a lot more. Something along the lines of the Makita LS1040 would do what you need and is a solid performer without costing a fortune. The 10in Makota slider (the LS1013) is more than double that price. One small slider with a good reputation despite the small blade is the deWalt DW707 which was originally designed by Elu before DW took them over. Good little saw and pretty tough.

One point to note is that the capacity jump from 8-1/2in saws to 10 in saws (for both chop and sliding compound) is enormous, but you don't get much extra capacity when you go to the much more expensive 12in saws (BTW those are blade diameters).

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Thanks Scrit

the dewalt one was the one i was looking at. your assistance is greatly appreciated.

ian

jonDs offer is the "more usefull" i would go with his link
unless you could sell the jacket for more than the cost off a stand :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back