What new boiler to have, baxi or valliant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm torn with what new boiler to have. Either a Baxi Platinum 33 or a Valliant EcoTec Plus 831 or Pro 28.

I'm gonna have the system power flushed and a magnaclean installed to look after it and plan to be in the property for several years.

Any help or advice you could give on this subject would be great, I live in a two bed house with 6 radiators and have no other gas appliances.

I know the differences between the Plus and Pro but when compared to the Baxi I struggle to see the pros and cons.

Thanks for looking and hopefully helping :) any thoughts would be useful

Sponsored Links
Thank you Dan, these were the boilers recommended to me but I will look into the smaller plus ecotec and also this intergas you mention. Thanks for responding

Just want to make sure I get the right boiler for our needs. I'm always open to other suggestions

combi wil always be oversized for heating in most houses its your hot water you size them for
a 24kw combi will give you usually 9 litres a minute with a 35 degree temp rise
A 28/30kw will gives you 12 litres

a 33KW usually around 13 litres

So it all depends on whether you shower/ bath (and size of it) or have the time to wait for a 24kw combi to fill a bath

Sponsored Links
Thank you gas, we have 10litres a min so will have to go for a 28 or 32. Cheers that's useful.

If you have only 10 litres a min coming through cold tap then a 24kw will do as it will lose that litre through the boiler waterways

i would go for the vaillant 28 plus or pro if its in a cupboard really good boiler ,the hot water will meet your needs,you can turn the ch output down and if you get it fitted buy a vaillant approved guy you get the extended manu's warrenty :D

thanks all, good to hear your thoughts.

Never heard of Intergas so im not to sure about them or their history.

As long as the hot water meets our need then we will be very happy. turning down the ch is always handy so hearing your view dan on the Vaillant is great. cheers

Thanks for all this

Dasgas
why would you put a 28kw boiler in if he is only getting 10 litres at the cold tap . Its impossible for a 28 to give more water delivery than 24kw would in a situation like that

as i read it the 24k would only give 9.2l yet the 28k would give 11l (roughly from memory)

I want the valiant pro though which is only a 24k or 31 k so i will have to have the bigger annoyingly to get the better quality boiler over the plus

if you see what im thinking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back