What on earth are these called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have full height and width window frames at the front and rear of my 1960s property.

The windows themselves, whilst are full width, are not full height, but instead have a UPVC panel beneath it.

The photo below (middle/lower window) will hopefully show what I am on about:

norfolk_gardens_littlehampton_95681737348442135.jpg

My question is...what on earth is it called, and where would one get hold opf the panels themselves, and the associated framework to go with it? I'm fitting a new boiler soon, and need to fit some of this magical stuff in place of external access storage cupboards and a window.

I have searched for hours on the web, Googling UPVC under window, plastic window insert panels etc etc...

Any help would be MUCH appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
If its a upvc window you have then you need to google for upvc door panel suppliers in your area, they will keep ready made flat white panels in stock in various sheet sizes where as door panels will obviously come in rectangluar sizes ready to be trimmed to suit whatever your door requires, flat panels can be around 3 metres square, again these will be cut to your size requirements

You'll need width and height sizes as well as thickness, most common thickness nowadays is 28mm but slightly older stuff can be 24mm with real old stuff (30yrs) can be 16mm to 20mm.

Then you'll need to correct colour white, i have colour swatch cards with 13 different shades of white, warm whites, cold whites, creamy whites, grey whites, blue whites, a panel or DG company will check all the above for you before ordering

That's smashing, thank you very much for taking the time to respond :)

Do you think the same suppliers would stock the outer trims too?

Outer trims?

Do you mean the beads that hold the panel in? These are specific to the frame and only available from frame fabricators that use that particular pvc system so no, a panel supplier will not get involved with this.

If you mean the plastic strips around the edge of the frame that are there i guess to tidy things up, maybe cover up uneven gaps etc etc then no again, these are availble from national suppliers like Eurocell or there are plenty of local independants around, just google for building plastics suppliers [for your area]

Sponsored Links
Yes, I mean beading (thanks for bearing with my non technical terminology!)

Looks like I'll have to start shopping around!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back