What paint to paint exterior plastic soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This might sound a bit silly, but we've had the soil pipe rerouted down the outside of the house to free up space in the bathroom and utility. The house is painted white (old cottage) and the pipe is grey. We want to paint the pipe so it is less obvious - can it be done? And if so what paint / preparation is required?
Many thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
Give it a wipe over with a rag soaked in white spirt to clean and degrease it then two coats of slightly thinned gloss...no undercoat...gloss is more flexible ans will expand with the plastic.

As above. because you dont use any undercoat the gloss will flow out to a mirror finish. :D

That sounds nice and straight forward! I was worried I'd have to sand down the entire pipe first :cool:
Would a bog standard exterior gloss do the job? I don't want it just peeling off in a couple of years ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back